New/Updated Lunch Menu Items Include
- Chicken & Cheese & Cheese Quesadillas from Coyote Grill
- No Antibiotic Ever Chicken: Baked Chicken, Fajita Chicken, Teriyaki Chicken bowls
- No Nitrate All Beef Hot Dogs
- Traditional Argentinian Four Cheese Empanada from Javi's Cooking in Oakland California
- Housemade Assorted Deli Sandwiches
- Three bean plant based Chili. Clean label & soy free
- Bean & Cheese Chili Relleno & Beef & cheese Chili Colorado Burritos for Middle School
- Vegetable Fried Rice Bowl-Plant based menu item. Veggie Fried Rice, Scrambled Egg & Edamame
New/Updated Breakfast Menu Items Include
- Oatmeal with brown sugar
- Bacon & Cheese Eggstravaganza
- Fresh baked muffins & scones- new assorted flavors
- Chorizo Sunrise Stick
- Biscuit & gravy
- Housemade breakfast burritos - egg, turkey sausage, country potatoes, cheddar cheese wrapped in a tortilla
- Egg Scramble Bites
What's New in Food & Nutrition Services
- This year we received at State grant to add 'build your own salad bars' to all Middle Schools to provide local fresh produce that will compliment daily entree choices. Coming Soon!
- Share Carts at all School Sites to help reduce plate waste and hunger. Students are given the opportunity to place unopened items on share cart for other students to take at their own will.
- Food Rescue Collaboration: Instead of unsold items ending up in the landfill, we are collaborating with White Pony Express Food Rescue Organization to Rescue our daily unused, cooked items. These items are in turn provided to those in need in Contra Costa County including School Food Pantries at several highly impoverished Antioch USD schools.
Did you know? We have...
- Salad Bars at all Elementary schools
- Fresh Salads made daily at Middle Schools.
- A Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Program offering free produce to all Elementary students during recess
- "2nd chance" Breakfast served at all elementary schools during morning recess
- Meal Benefit Program - daily breakfast and lunch at no charge (must apply)
- A Seamless Summer Lunch Program - free meal to all community members ages 2-18 during summertime. We serve at Veteran's Park & Village Community Resource Center
- California Food for California Kids Program featuring local CA grown products on Thursday's and beyond!